Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Express, why not...

So how many of you have experienced the random babbling of a 6 month old? The continuous efforts of the lil one to express her deepest thoughts- the happiness, the fear, the excitement. All this in vain... only because it is just gibberish to us, the intelligent grown ups! 

Why is it then that we fear expressing our intelligent understandable thoughts? Why is it that we build this wall around us and choose not to let any one in. Is it cause someone sometime hurt our feelings? But how about all the others who genuinely want to hear you, laugh with you and shed a tear at your pain. 
Would the world be more beautiful if everyone expressed what they felt? or is the killing silence an alternative to keeping peace. 

Writing has always helped me through good times and bad. Small bits of paper, random thoughts,  scribblings at the back of my notebook. I never kept a journal, nor did I ever blog as I watched and read my friends pour out emotions, write reviews or share their favorite recipes online.
Not until I read today, a two page article written by my first and most precious friend, my sister. It spoke about thoughts, about inspirations, and about insignificant obstacles that stop us from writing. 
And I realized, again,
What is happiness if not shared... what is a tear if not wiped... what is a feeling if not expressed...

So here I am trying to do just that. I do hope that my writings will bring to you the same joy and peace that I experience, while jotting them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment